Safeguard your smartphone with Vodafone’s free security app, powered by McAfee. Vodafone Protect is an easy and quick solution to help keep your smartphone safe and secure. The free version allows you to find, lock and wipe your phone remotely. There's also optional features such as Antivirus, call & SMS filtering, app & web protection included in the premium package.
See how Vodafone Protect can make your life easier >
Features and benefits
Remotely locate your smartphone
Remotely lock and wipe your phone
Filter calls and SMS messages (Premium version)
Antivirus protection by McAfee (Premium version)
- Remotely lock and wipe your lost or stolen mobile phone from your PC or Mac and even locate your smartphone on a map.
- Lock the lost device remotely to prevent others from gaining access to your personal data, including data on your SD card.
- Remotely wipe it clean of all your private content, including on your SD card.
- 'Lock & Beep' function when phone is misplaced in a short range.
For 2 euro per month you can upgrade in-app to the premium version, which in addition to the free version features, includes:
- Antivirus software for your smartphone, powered by McAfee: blocks malware and spyware and auto-scans downloads to ensure they are safe
- Call & SMS filtering: Block outgoing and incoming calls, block incoming SMS, set your own blocking rules
- App Protection: Scan new and existing apps to ensure they are safe. Make sure your apps are not associated with risky sites. Remove unsafe apps
- Web protection: Alerts you of risky sites while browsing
- Uninstall Protection: Keep a thief or another user from uninstalling the app and accessing your phone
Vodafone Protect SMS (text message) commands
In situations where you do not have access to the website, you can perform most critical instructions by sending an SMS to the phone. It is important to note that the SMS must be sent to the current number in the device to ensure that the device receives it. SMS features
Follow the instructions for your device below:
Download the app from Google Play (Android users)
Coming soon for iPhone
Got questions? Check out our Protect FAQs