Terms and Conditions of the Vodafone Online Shop
Online Shop Terms and Conditions
1. In these terms and conditions ("the Conditions") words such as us", "we" "our" and "Vodafone" refer to Vodafone Ireland Limited and words such as "you" and "your" mean you, the Vodafone customer, using our Online Store. The Conditions apply to purchases made through the Online Store, further terms and conditions apply to your use of the Vodafone.ie website, please click here for full website terms.
2. The Online Store offers you the opportunity to purchase Vodafone products and services ("Goods") over the internet.
3. This service is only available to you on the following conditions:
- you must reside in, and provide a delivery address within, the Republic of Ireland
- you must be 18 years of age or older
- you must hold a valid credit card issued in your name
- the name on the credit card used (cardholder identity) must match the name of the addressee to whom any Goods are to be delivered.
4. You are advised to read these Conditions every time you intend to make a purchase as the Conditions may change from time to time. When you place an order with us you will be accepting the then current Conditions.
Making a Purchase
5. When you opt to purchase Goods will be required to provide certain personal and payment details, any information that you provide to us for the purpose of making a purchase must be fully complete and accurate. In particular you must ensure that you are legally and fully entitled to use any credit card used for a purchase and that sufficient funds are available to cover any charges incurred by you.
6. We will only accept payment by certain types of credit card. No cash or cheques will be accepted. Any credit cards that you use must be valid at the date of making your purchase. We will accept payment for Goods according to the instructions given by you.
7. The prices for Goods are quoted in Euro. All prices are stated inclusive of valued added tax (VAT) at the relevant rate (currently 23%).
8. You will be advised at the time of purchase of applicable delivery charges (if any).
9. There is a limit of €800 on the value of Goods that can be purchased by any individual or on any individual credit card in any one transaction. We reserve the right to limit the number of any Goods that may be purchased in any transaction (see below). These limits may change from time to time. Please note that current restrictions determine that you will only be allowed:
- to put a maximum of 7 items in your online basket
- to purchase 1 handset per transaction (subject to a maximum of 3 handsets per year)
- to purchase 3 handsets per household
- to purchase a maximum of 3 accessories per transaction
- to purchases a maximum of 3 SIM packs per transaction
10. Once we give you online confirmation of your purchase your order cannot be cancelled at that stage. However, we do operate a returns policy compliant with the Distance Sales Regulations (see below, further information on the returns policy is provided on the ordering page). The company will engage to make deliveries Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. We will endeavour to ensure delivery to you within 24 hours for online orders placed before 3pm Monday to Thursday.
11. When you submit details to make a purchase, a credit card check is carried out by our third party credit card payment agent with our partner bank. We will send you an email confirming receipt of your order, this email shall not constitute an acceptance of your order. Your order will not be accepted and an agreement concluded between us and you until the relevant Goods have been shipped to you. Your credit card will be charged with the price of the Goods.
12. We may reject your order if the partner bank refuses to authorise your credit card for payment, if Goods are out of stock or for any other legitimate reason. You will be advised if this occurs.
13.1 Making an Offer to purchase - We promote a range of Goods for sale via the Online Store, these promotions constitute invitations to treat and they are not an offer from us to you. Any order that you submit for Goods represents an offer by you to contract with us. We reserve the right to accept or reject any such offer from you.
13.2 Accepting the Offer - We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
13.3 Sudden Unavailability - If we are unable to supply you with a Good, for example because that Good is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 13.4 below, we will inform you of this (by e-mail) and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Good, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
13.4 Mistakes in Pricing - Our site contains a large number of Goods. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Goods on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Goods you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Good at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable, we do not have to provide the Good to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
14. Upgrade Online: By accepting this upgrade you are entering a new 12 or 18 month contract (Vodafone will confirm the applicable minimum term in advance). Discounts are calculated on the basis of time since last upgrade and/or spend over the past 12 or 18 month period. They are based on individual Vodafone subscriber numbers and do not refer to multiple mobile accounts. This offer is subject to Vodafone's upgrading rules and each individual's upgrade eligibility.Customers who have availed of the Time and Spend discounts will not be eligible for the same discounts again until such time as they are again eligible for an upgrade. Discounts cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or set off against any payment due or that become due to Vodafone and may not be used as full or part payment for any goods and services.
15. Mobile Broadband Upgrade Online:By accepting this upgrade you are entering a 12 month contract. Discounts are offered on a case by case at the discretion of Vodafone. This offer is subject to Vodafone's upgrading rules and each individual's upgrade eligibility. Customers who avail of upgrades are advised that a minimum term of 12 months will apply to their new upgrade contract and in the event that the customer terminates during this minimum term they will be obliged to pay a termination fee calculated in accordance with Vodafone's general terms and conditions. Discounts cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or set off against any payment due or that become due to Vodafone and may not be used as full or part payment for any goods and services. This offer is subject to Vodafone's upgrading rules and each individual's upgrade eligibility. Customers who have availed of the Time and Spend discounts will not be eligible for the same discounts again until such time as they are again eligible for an upgrade.
Customers who avail of upgrades are advised that a minimum term may apply to their new upgrade contract. Discounts cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or set off against any payment due or that become due to Vodafone and may not be used as full or part payment for any goods and services.
15. The details of your purchase submitted over the internet is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL), this is an industry standard technology designed to prevent information in transit over the internet from being intercepted. We may also implement our own security procedures to prevent fraud. We reserve the right to enhance, amend and update our security procedures. Our internal security procedures include the processing of your credit card details through our third party credit card payment agents (see paragraph 11 above). This processing takes place on a server that is not accessible on the internet. Your information is encrypted for the processing of your transaction. Notwithstanding this, you should be aware that there are certain risks associated with internet communications. You acknowledge that the internet is a media over which we have no control. We expressly disclaim, in so far as legally permissible, responsibility for any loss or damage arising out of the loss or delay of transmissions over the internet. In respect of any other loss or damage suffered or alleged to be suffered, our liability to you shall not, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, exceed the value of Goods purchased.
16. You should note that delivery will be to the address as specified by you in the online order. Goods will be delivered on the signature of any occupant at that address at the time of delivery. Vodafone is not liable to you for any delays in delivery or for ensuring personal delivery to you. Deliveries will not be made to PO Boxes or to addresses outside the Republic of Ireland.
In the event of delay or non-delivery of products/services you should immediately contact our Customer Care Department, on 1907 (for bill paying customers) or 1850 208 787 (for Ready to Go customers), who will assist you in resolving the matter.
17. New customers: you must register within 60 days to receive your free call credit, upgrading customers: you will receive the free call credit that is current on the date you register.
18. Vodafone operates a returns policy which is compliant with the Distance Sales Regulations. Subject to you not using any service supplied to you as part of your purchase (e.g. buying a handset and using it to make calls, send text or picture messages, etc) the Goods may be returned within 14 days for a full refund (within 14 days). Further details of the returns policy are supplied on the online ordering page. We can only refund return postage costs if a return is as a result of our error or for the return of defective products. If you are making a return you should print the returns form from the website, complete the form and send it to us with your return. Please note that all returns will be sent to our quality department for testing. Any handset which has been used to avail of mobile services will not be accepted as a return under the Distance Sales regulations and will be returned to you within 7 working days (this does not affect your statutory rights under the Sale Of Goods Acts).
19. Please note if returning Goods we require the original invoice or your full name and address. Without this information we will be unable to identified a returned package as yours and we will not be able to process the return/refund.
Call Credit Top Ups
20. Vodafone provides a service to allow customers to "Top Up" online, our usual rules relating to top ups will apply and these are available here .
22. Vodafone may from time to time contact you by post, email, text message or telephone with information on new products, services, special discounts or other information we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive such information please tick the appropriate "opt out" options when submitting your order.
24.The www.vodafone.ie website (including the online store) are provided "as-is" and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we make no warranties or representations that the operation of the site will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free. Unless otherwise stated we shall not be liable for any losses, damages (other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence), costs or expenses (including indirect or consequential loss (including loss of use, data, profits, business or anticipated savings)) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the site and whether based in contract, tort, or otherwise, even if we or any of our suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such losses, damage, costs or expenses.
25. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information about Goods provided on this web-site and to decide on the suitability of such Goods for your needs.
26. We may modify, suspend or discontinue the Online Store's services at any time with or without notice to you and without liability to you. Discontinuation may occur for any valid technical, operational or commercial reason. We do not guarantee or warrant that any particular functionality, features, information or Goods promoted on the web-site will be available to you at any given time. All Goods are subject to availability and we reserve the right to change or vary the Goods promoted on the Online Store or the prices at any time.
27. You agree:
- to comply with all of our reasonable requests or instructions in relation to the use of the Online Store's services
- to comply with all requests or instructions of any authorised authority in relation to the use of the Online Store or the internet in general or for the investigation of any alleged offences
- to abide by all applicable laws and regulations (including copyright and intellectual property protection laws)
- not to distribute, download, upload or transmit any material which contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programmes
- not to attempt to gain unauthorised access to or interfere with this web-site, other users, computer systems or connected networks
- not to disguise the origin of any transmitted communication or impersonate any other person or entity
- to notify us immediately of any breach of security or any claim or legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the Online Store.
28. We may suspend or terminate your access to the site wholly or partially and with or without notice for any valid reason including, without limitation where:
- you fail to observe or perform any obligation set out in the Conditions, any relevant law, licence, regulation, directive, code of practice or applicable usage policy; or
- you fail to pay us any sums due to us; or
- you supply us with false, misleading or inaccurate information at any time; or
- we suspend or discontinues the web-site.
29. Where we exercise any of our rights or powers under paragraph 27 such exercise shall not prejudice or affect the exercise of any other right, power or remedy which may be available to us. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the web-site.
30. These Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts of Ireland. If any part of these Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Conditions shall remain in effect.
31. If you have any comments or require further clarification of any aspect of the Online Store please contact us
Bill Pay Specific Conditions
This on-line application form is for the Vodafone bill pay mobile telecommunications service payable by direct debit only. If you do not want to pay your bills by direct debit, you can apply for this service in a Vodafone retail or other retail store which sells Vodafone products and services.
You must be aged 18 years or over, as of today, to be eligible to apply for the Vodafone bill pay mobile telecommunications service.
By submitting your on-line application to us, you are deemed to have agreed to the Vodafone Online Store - Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions of Vodafone mobile telecommunications service and the terms set out on this page.
Once you have submitted your on-line application form and it has been accepted by us, we will send you a paper version of your form in the post. You will need to sign the form and return it to us within 30 days with certain identification documentation, as listed in our cover letter (eg. valid proof of your identity and address). If you do not do so within the 30 day period, we will disconnect your handset from the Vodafone mobile telecommunications service without notice and bill you for your use of the Vodafone bill pay service at the applicable rates set out in the tariff plan which you have chosen. Subject to your right of cancellation set out below, Vodafone also reserves the right to charge you termination charges in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
It is important that you complete the on-line application form accurately, as any amendments you make to the paper form will invalidate the application.
If you are porting to the Vodafone network from the network of another mobile operator, we will also send you a Customer Authorisation Form, which authorises us to carry out the porting process. This form should be signed by you and returned to us with the application form and identification documentation.
Cancellation: Vodafone operates a cancellation policy which is compliant with the Distance Sales Regulations: Subject to you not using any service supplied to you as part of your purchase (e.g. buying a handset and using it to make calls, send text or picture messages, etc) the Goods may be returned and the service cancelled within 14 working days for a full refund of the Goods.
Please call 1907 if you have any queries in relation to this online application process.
Use of the Site
By submitting any content to Vodafone-IE, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post relates to the mobile phone which you are reviewing and rating and is accurate (where it states facts), genuinely held (where it states opinion) and relevant;
- you are at least 13 years old; and that
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- using a false e-mail address;
- relating to tariffs or other products or services provided by Vodafone-IE;
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that gives the impression that the content emanates from Vodafone-IE if this is not the case;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- comparing different models of mobile phone;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files; or
- advertising or publicising any services, goods or web links to other sites.
Please note that the Customer Rating and Review services is not the appropriate platform for customers to ask questions, find solutions or get advice on Vodafone-IE products and services. In the event that you have a query of this nature we would suggest you visit Vodafone View.
You agree to indemnify and hold Vodafone-IE (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Vodafone-IE a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Vodafone-IE and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Complaints or Queries