Our latest notices to all our customers
Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) Regulations 2003 an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.
If you wish to exercise your right under Regulation 17 please contact Vodafone on:
- 1907 - bill pay and fixed line customers.
- 1747 (from a mobile) or 1850 20 40 20 (from a landline) - pay as you go customers.
within 30 days of the notice. The continued use of this service after the effective date of the change is deemed acceptance of the change.
- Important notice for Customers who have purchased goods or services online from Vodafone in the past twelve months 06/08/2015
- Vodafone Home price changes
- Changes to direct debit dates
- Notice of change to Vodafone Home Simply Broadband & Unlimited Broadband products August 2015
- Pay as you go Data pricing change - effective 15th January 2015
- EU Regulated Roaming rates 2014
- Changes to RED Roaming
- Laser card cessation 28 February 2014
- Notice Of Change To Vodafone PAYG ‘Top Up By €100, Get €20’ Offer
- Changes to Student Campus Offer
- Changes to directory enquiries charges for Vodafone at Home customers
- Changes to directory enquiries charges for pay as you go customers
- Changes in the Household Benefits Package
- Changes to Vodafone Pay as you go Advantage Plus Tariff
- Changes to Wireless Office Share Plus Plans
- Change to Mobile Internet Roaming Terms and Conditions
- Change to international top up offer
- Out of bundle rates
- Fraudulent Email Alert
- Notice to Vodafone all Simply customers: change to internet on your mobile roaming charges
- Notice to Vodafone pay as you go customers: change to international call and text rates
- Notice of change to Vodafone free weekends offer
- Notice of change to Vodafone 5c calls and free texts Add on
- Notice of change to Vodafone More to Say price plan
- Notice of change to the Household Benefits Package following Budget 2014 from the Department of Social Protection
Important notice for Customers who have purchased goods or services online from Vodafone in the past twelve months 06/08/2015
Vodafone would like to notify customers who have completed an online order for a Vodafone product or service in the past 12 months that under Regulation 16 (2) of the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 (the ‘Consumer Information Regulations’) your cooling off period expires 14 days from the date of this notice. If you wish to avail of your cancellation rights under the Consumer Information Regulations please use our cancellation form here and follow our Cancellation Instructions accessible here.
Contract change notification
From the 1st April 2015 we will be implementing price increases to our older Vodafone Home plans. Prices will increase between €3 & €5 and will be reflected in customers’ April bills. These price increases are as a result of the increased costs of providing the service to customers.
We will contact all affected customers by letter or email before the 13th March 2015, informing them of the price increase relevant to their plan. Following receipt of this notice, customers may change or cancel their contract within 30 days, without penalty, by dialling XX
Affected customers can continue on their existing, newly priced plans, exit their contracts, or move to one of our new plans offering unlimited fibre broadband with or without calls.
Customers who signed up to Vodafone Home price plans between July 4th 2014 and March 1st 2015 will not be affected by these price changes.
Customers on legacy plans who sign up to new Vodafone Home plans before the 1st of March 2015 will not be impacted by the price changes.
Customers who are on legacy Perlico and BT price plans will also be excluded from any price changes
The notice below applies to all bill pay mobile customers who pay by direct debit regarding a change in your direct debit payment terms.
- Mobile customers
From March 2015, the notice period for direct debit payments will change from 21 days to 14 days after your billing date, in line with industry standards. The direct debit date is clearly stated on all bills and no action is required as the payment will automatically be taken from your paying account.Important: Bills for March 2015 will be due for payment one week earlier.
- Fixed customers
From March 2015, the invoice date on the bill will change from 5th of the month to the 8th. There is no impact on the customer’s direct debit payment date.Important: Bills for March 2015 will be due for payment as normal on 22nd March 2015.
For more information, please see our support FAQ’s or contact our Customer Care Team on 1907. This change does not impact the terms and conditions of your Vodafone contract.
The notice below only applies to Vodafone Home Simply Broadband & Unlimited Broadband customers who are being contacted by Vodafone about a change in their product.
The service will no longer support existing PSTN/traditional voice line dependent services such as, but not limited to;
- Landline, and in particular calls to the Emergency Services
- Monitored alarm or panic/assistance button/service
- Fax Line
- TV Service using phone line
- Older TV set top boxes
- Any service that relies on the use of a traditional phone line
FAQs are included below for reference however customers should contact Vodafone for further details.
Will customers TV service be impacted?
Yes, if your interactive TV service works via your landline, your TV service will be impacted. Services such as ordering box office movies, multi-room, Sky gambling, games etc. will no longer be able to be ordered via the set top box. However, your normal TV service will continue to work
Will customers monitored alarm / panic assistance button be impacted?
These services will no longer work if they work through the customer’s landline. It is advisable that customers contact their service provider.
Will customers still be able to receive landline calls?
Customers will no longer be able to receive landline calls after the 30 day notice period.
Can customers make an emergency call?
No, customers will no longer be able to make emergency calls
Will customer’s broadband service be impacted?
There will be no impact to customer’s broadband service.
Is there any change to the customer monthly rental fee?
There will be no change to customer’s monthly fee
Effective 15th January 2015 the daily charge for out of bundle data usage will be as follows for all pay as you go mobile customers:
New daily charges effective 15th Jan 2015 - €1.99 for 100MB, €1 per MB thereafter
Existing daily charges pre 15th Jan 2015 - €0.99 for 50MB, €1 per MB thereafter
These changes do not affect any data allowances included in existing top up offers, RED bundle or standalone data add ons.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel your pay as you go service please contact us on 1747.
Find out more about our great value Vodafone top up offers and bundles with data included
From July 1st there will be a reduction in the Regulated Roaming rates across the EU. The new roaming rates are 19c ex. VAT per minute for making a call back to Ireland or anywhere in the EU and 5c ex. VAT per minute for receiving a call. An SMS sent from any EU country will cost 6c ex. VAT. Internet (data) pricing will be charged at 20c per MB.
What does it mean for Vodafone customers?
All Vodafone customers who are currently on our default Vodafone World rates will automatically avail of the new EU rates from July 1st 2014. Customers who are opted into a Roaming plan such as RED Roaming or Vodafone Passport must opt out of their current plan in order to avail of default Vodafone World rates. Customers are not required to register or contact Customer Care.
Do I have to select certain networks?
No the EU rates are applicable on all EU networks.
The following call types are included under the EU rates:
- Calls back to Ireland
- Calls within roamed country or to any other country within the EU
- Calls received
- Calls to non EU destinations are NOT included and these calls will be charged the standard roaming costs in the country of your destination. Please select the country that you are intending to travel to on the www.Vodafone/Roaming for specific rates for calling outside the EU.
What's the difference between the new EU rates and RED Roaming?
With the new EU rates you can make calls anywhere within the EU for 19c ex. VAT per minute and receive calls for 5c ex. VAT per minute. An SMS sent from any EU country will cost 6c ex. VAT. Internet (data) pricing will be charged at 20c per MB.
With our RED Roaming daily offer you have access to all the calls and texts from your home plan and 100MB of data a day for the great daily price of €2.99 a day.
For example a customer on the €55 per month, RED Business plan (includes unlimited calls and texts and 250 international minutes) travels for a week’s holiday in Spain. During the holiday they:
- Use their phone on 5 of the 7 days
- Make 60 minutes of calls home to their family in Ireland
- Make 25 minutes of calls to a friend in the UK
- Receive 25 minutes of calls
- Send 30 text messages
- Use a total 200MB of data, reading the papers online and google maps
Total Roaming charges:
EU default pricing : €72.82
RED Roaming: €14.95
Red Roaming saving: €57.87
And on RED Roaming the customer could have used even more for the same price!!
What do I do if I want to change from the EU Rates to RED Roaming?
If you'd prefer to switch to RED Roaming then freetext "RED" to 50020.
Vodafone has made the following amendments to the terms and conditions of the RED Roaming add-on Service. These changes will be effective on the 30th of May 2014. You may opt in or out of the RED Roaming Service at any time without incurring any penalty. If you wish to opt out of the RED Roaming Service, you must text STOP RED to 50020, contact customer care or opt out online through My Vodafone. The changes are:
- Vodafone has extended the term of the RED Roaming service. The service was due to finish on 31 May 2014. However the service is now available indefinitely. Vodafone reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time.
- The calculation of the EU Regulated Data Roaming spend caps and notifications has changed. This will now be calculated as 33% of the highest possible RED Roaming daily rate, to a maximum of €2, (ex VAT) instead of as previously calculated at €1.08 ex VAT of each Roaming daily access fee.
- The list of eligible countries where we provide the RED Roaming service will be found at www.vodafone.ie instead of in the terms and conditions.
- In order to avail of the RED Roaming service a customer must roam on the Vodafone Network or on a Vodafone approved Network.
- Customers who choose to purchase data roaming services from alternative roaming providers will be charged default EU pricing for any roaming calls or texts that they make on that operator’s network.
- The RED Roaming daily access fee rates will now be found at www.vodafone.ie instead of in the terms and conditions.
- The charge for using any additional data will be found at www.vodafone.ie instead of in the terms and conditions.
- Vodafone may modify the features of the RED Roaming Service in order to offer additional value to the customer. Such positive changes might include increasing your data allowances. You agree that such changes to the Service or package do not constitute modification in the conditions of the contract for that Service or package, and the Customer confirms that it does not require individual contract change notifications regarding any such modification.
- Customers can opt in or out of the RED Roaming add on service at any time online through MyVodafone, by contacting customer care or by texting STOP RED to 50020.
From midnight on Friday, 28 February 2014, Vodafone Ireland will no longer be able to accept Laser cards. Laser Card Services Ltd. will cease to operate and Laser cards have been replaced with Visa and MasterCard debit cards.
Customers using Laser cards for ongoing payments such as subscriptions, plans or recurring transactions will need to update their payments with an alternative payment method.
Laser cards are co-branded with Maestro. This function on the card will also cease to operate from the same date in February.
From 24th March 2014, customers can no longer avail of the promotional ‘Top Up By €100, Get €20’ top up offer. After this date, any top ups will no longer activate this offer. You will already have received a contract change notification confirming your right to withdraw from your contract.
From 17th February 2014 the following changes will take affect on our Student Campus Offer:
- The Offer is available for a maximum term of 4 years only. Vodafone reserves the right to remove the Offer at any time after 4 years from the day of commencement or if you are no longer a student e.g. you must hold a valid student ID for the 4 year term
- Opt in to the Offer means you will also be automatically opting in to receive End of Call third party marketing relating to various products and/or services. Receipt of such marketing will not create a contract between you and Vodafone for the provision of such third party products or services and Vodafone does not accept any liability in respect of such products or services
- The Offer is subject to Vodafone’s Fair Usage Policy. If your use is deemed excessive or unreasonable Vodafone may take the actions detailed in this paragraph. Vodafone has developed a threshold for the Service and the related Offers by reference to average customer profiles and estimated customer usage of the Service (particularly the estimated volume and length of free calls likely to be made by users or number of texts send) (“Threshold”). The Threshold is regularly reviewed against average customer usage and is currently set at 5,000 text messages and the free data allowance for this offer is 7.5GB with a €20 top up. Any usage over these amounts will be charged at standard rates on the Vodafone Advantage Plus Tariff.
From 1st April 2013 there will be an increase in charges for Vodafone at Home customers who call directory enquiries services.
|National Directory Enquiries||Charges from 1st April 2013|
(cents per minute)
(cents per minute)
|Set-up/min call charge||Per minute||Min call charge||Peak||Off peak||Weekend|
For more information email email@example.com or free phone 1907.
From 2nd April 2013 the will be an increase in charges for pay as you go customers who call directory enquiries services.
|National directory enquiries||New connection cost & rate per minute||Current connection cost & rate per minute||Current connection cost & rate per minute|
|All pay as you go customers||Customers on Lifestyle price plan||All other pay as you go customers|
A connection fee of €1.49 applies. Thereafter calls are charged at €1.49 per minute, billed per second
|National directory enquiries||New connection cost & rate per minute|
Current connection cost & rate per minute
|Current connection cost & rate per minute|
|All pay as you go customers||Customers on Lifestyle price plan||All other pay as you go customers|
|11860||€2.00||€1.25 minimum charge covering the first minute, €0.65 per minute for subsequent minutes||€1.28 minimum charge covering the first minute, €0.66 per minute for subsequent minutes|
A connection fee of €2.00 applies. Thereafter calls are charged at €2.00 per minute, billed per second
From 15th January 2013 the following changes will take affect on our Advantage Plus Tariff:
- Calls to landlines and mobile networks in the republic of Ireland charged at 29c will be charged at 35c per minute and texts charged at 13c will be charged at 15c.
- Customers who are opted in to free Vodafone calls and texts and internet, or free any network texts and internet, and top up by €20 in one go will receive 150MB of free internet for 30 days.
- Customers who are opted in to free Vodafone calls and texts and internet, or free any network texts and internet, and top up by €25 in one go will receive 250MB of free internet for 30 days.
- Standard roaming and domestic call connection charges apply.
From 14th October 2012 the subscriber level fee on these plans will change to €10.94 ex VAT. The International text add on bundle will change to €15 ex VAT. The text bundles will also change, please see table below:
The text bundles will also change, see new rates:
|Text add ons||New bundle price||Rate per text|
|400 shared text bundle||€25||6c|
|600 shared text bundle||€35||6c|
|800 shared text bundle||€45||5c|
|1000 shared text bundle||€55||5c|
|2000 shared text bundle||€90||4c|
When Mobile Internet roaming was introduced some customers could avail of the service free of charge. With the huge growth in data roaming and the associated growth in costs, we are no longer able to sustain free roaming for these customers and so from 22nd October 2012 our mobile internet roaming terms will changes as follows:
41. Services originated or received while outside your domestic (Republic of Ireland) coverage area are subject to roaming charges. Mobile internet data roaming charges automatically apply to all customers who access the internet on their phone while abroad, using the Live access point (live.vodafone.com). Vodafone reserves the right to make changes to access points without change to the terms of customer service.
For unbeatable value we recommend that you opt in to Vodafone Passport Mobile Internet. This gives you 50MB of data in Europe for just €2 a day. To opt in free text DATA to 50020. More details here.
If you do not opt in to Vodafone Passport Mobile Internet you will pay the default per MB price 86c per MB in Europe and €6.15 per MB in Rest of World. BlackBerry customers who data roam using the live apn will be charged as above. Data roaming charges for using the BlackBerry APN remain unchanged.
BlackBerry customers who data roam using the live apn will be charged as above. Data roaming charges for using the BlackBerry APN remain unchanged.
For details on our Data Roaming Spend Caps and Notifications see here (all prices include VAT)
From 27th September 2012 the following changes will take effect on our international top up offer:
- Customers on this offer who top up by €30 in one go from 27th September 2012 will receive 250MB of internet on your phone plus 100 free international minutes for 30 days. Customers will also receive free Vodafone calls & texts for 30 days.
- The 100 international minutes can be used to call 93 destinations worldwide.
See the list of countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Cayman Island
- Czech Rep
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Moldova, Republic of
- New Zealand
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Saudi Arabia
- Serbia and Montenegro
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Taiwan, Province of China
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Virgin Islands, U.S.
- South Korea
- Northern Ireland Landlines
- Customers on this offer who top up by €30 before 27th September 2012 will have an allocation of 180 free international minutes to use for 30 days
- From 27th September 2012 the following countries can no longer be called using any allocation of free international minutes:
Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Belarus, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macao
Calls to these countries from this date will be charged at standard pay as you go rates
From the 8th of October 2012 we will be increasing the out of bundle rates by 5c per minute and 3c per text on the following legacy price plans:
- Perfect Fit 30
- Perfect Fit 100
- Perfect Fit 200
- Perfect Fit 400
- Perfect Fit 600
- Perfect Choice 50
- Perfect Choice 100
- Perfect Choice 200
- Perfect Choice 400
- Perfect Choice 600
- Simply 100
- Simply 400
If you receive an email requesting you click a link to validate your personal Vodafone account details, please delete it. Vodafone never asks customers to enter login details or user access codes through email.
Great new international call rates
Vodafone is delighted to announce that pay as you go customers can now call the UK for just 10c per minute and ten other countries - including Australia - for just 15c per minute. These great new rates are available for calls made to landlines and mobiles, all day every day.
To avail of these rates, customers must text international to 50223
More information and terms & conditions can be found here.
See the full list of countries you can call at the new lower rate
|COUNTRY||CENTS PER MINUTE|
Calls charged per minute. Excludes calls made when roaming. Calls to landlines in Northern Ireland are billed as per price plan for landline calls within Ireland.
These rates are promotional and are applicable until 31st July 2011.
Vodafone wishes to advise pay as you go customers of the following changes which will be effective from March 8 2011:
Reduced international text message charges
The cost of sending an international text message will be reduced from 15c to 13c per message.
See the list of countries you can text at the new lower rate
- Azerbaijani Rep
- Czech Republic
- FYR Macedonia
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
Excludes text messages sent when roaming.
International calls billing increment change
All international voice calls will be charged per minute. Currently, calls are charged per minute for the first minute and per second thereafter.
From 19th August 2013, your free weekend Vodafone to Vodafone add on will be moved to Advantage Plus with free Vodafone to Vodafone calls and texts when you top up by €20 every 30 days. If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw from this please contact Vodafone on 1747 within 30 days of this notice.
From 23rd October 2013, the 5c calls & free texts add on will no longer be available. Top-up after this date will no longer activate the offer. All calls and texts after this date will be charged according to Vodafone Lifestyle. Details of this price plan can be found here
From 21st November 2013, your current price plan ‘More to Say’ will no longer be available. After this date all calls and texts will be charged according to Vodafone Lifestyle rates. Details of this price plan can be found here. You will already have received a contract change notification confirming your right to withdraw from your contract.
As a result of this announcement, the DSFA Telephone Allowance (€9.50 per month per household) will be discontinued from 1st January 2014 for all recipients.
As a result, any customers who are currently in receipt of this allowance will no longer receive a contribution from the DSP towards their bill, and will in turn see an increase in their Vodafone at Home bill payment. The change to the allowance does not impact the terms and conditions of your Vodafone At Home service. For more information please see the Department of Social Protection website here.