Machine to Machine
Businesses are gaining better insights into their supply chains, partners, and customers, and utilising sensor data to make informed decisions that is not only helping them to cut costs, but enabling them look at alternate business models and value-added services.
Vodafone Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connects previously isolated machines or devices to the internet, delivering new functionality and enhanced services without the need for human intervention. Supported by more than 1,300 dedicated employees, Vodafone’s global M2M platform makes it easy for global businesses to manage M2M deployments across multiple territories, with greater control and at a lower cost than previously possible. Vodafone was named global M2M leader by Machina Research, for the third year in a row in 2014.
M2M enables customers to save time and money by optimising business processes. Cost saving is one of the primary drivers for businesses to adopt M2M solutions today as the recovery of one misplaced diesel generator, for example, can cover the installation and running costs of an M2M tracking solution.
Here are some of the ways our customers are optimising their business with our M2M solutions:
- Remote monitoring and analytics reduce the cost of failure, minimise the need for ‘routine maintenance’ visits and problems can be fixed before they have an impact on the customer.
- Accurate information is delivered in real time, enabling quicker business decisions, less machine down-time and better production yield
- Information can be collected automatically and systems maintained and repaired remotely so engineers and service staff can manage their time more effectively.
- Asset tracking enables theft recovery, theft prevention, status monitoring and inventory.
Creating a smarter world
How M2M and the Internet of Things are driving the next industrial revolution
M2M technology can be used to transform your operations and business potential. It can provide the freedom to explore new market opportunities, the information and insight to change business processes, innovate and create new revenue streams.
Here are some of the ways our customers are keeping ahead of the game:
- New ways of creating, capturing and sharing information enable product differentiation leading to competitive advantage. BMW has deployed Vodafone M2M in new cars and provides customers with access to innovative in-car services.
- Generation of new and incremental revenue streams. Vodafone and Cobra have enabled real-time in-vehicle monitoring to aid the introduction of new pay-as-you drive insurance policies.
- Connectivity in e-readers is transforming what is published, where it is published, who can access written material and where it can be read, not to mention who is doing the publishing.
- M2M enables businesses to track and prove the work each asset does, its lifespan and operational performance. As such M2M gives a much more solid foundation for shifting to charging clients not for an upfront equipment purchase, but on a utility basis for the output they receive — whether that’s per passenger transported by an escalator, per watt-hour generated by a solar panel, or per scan for an MRI machine
- M2M enables businesses to move away from selling products to selling services
Vodafone customers: call 1800 22 55 88 or contact your account manager
New customers: call 1800 85 56 96