Important information and tips about voicemail services
What is happening to Vodafone Voicemail?
As Vodafone is all about communication, we want to make sure that you can access your voicemails whenever and wherever you want and with peace of mind. As voicemail messages can often contain private information that is personal to you, we want to make sure that you are informed and equipped with information to enable you to protect your voicemail messages.
Your voicemail password is a 4 digit number that you enter when you want to listen to your voicemail messages from any other phone other than your mobile phone - this is called remote access. This voicemail password gives you the protection to know that only you can listen to your voicemails.
It is vital that your password is set to a random 4 digit password. To change your password, all you need to do is:
- Dial 173 from your mobile
- You will then be asked to pick a 4 digit number, and then press the # button
- If you are happy press press 2
Your password is all set up and you will be prompted to enter it whenever you want to listen to your voicemails through remote access.You will only need to use this password when accessing your voicemails from another phone. You will not need to use this password when accessing your voicemail from your own mobile phone - you simply dial 171 as normal.
What voicemail does for you
Vodafone's voicemail lets you receive up to 20 voice messages of two minutes' duration each. Once you've set up and personalised your voicemail message on your mobile by dialling 171, your voicemail service will automatically take messages for you when your phone is engaged, switched off or if you can't be reached.
Stay in touch with Vodafone InTouch
Ever wondered who’s tried to call you when your battery was dead, or when you were out of coverage? Ever wonder if people get through to your voicemail box, but end up not leaving you a message? Ever wonder if you’ve missed calls while you were chatting away on your mobile? – With Vodafone's new free service Vodafone InTouch, you’ll know all about any calls you’ve missed!
This free service will send you a free text outlining who called you, how many times they tried to call you, and the time of the last call attempt. To call the person back, simply press the green call button on your phone – it couldn’t be easier!
So now, you don’t need to panic if your battery dies, you go out of coverage or are too busy chatting to let other calls come through to your mobile - we’ll still let you know the calls you’ve missed.
To check you are activated, or to reactivate yourself, for this service, call 171 and select option 5.
Personalise your greeting
With Vodafone voicemail you can record your own personal greeting for your mail box. All you need to do is follow these short steps
- Dial 172.
- Press 1 for full personalised greeting.
- Press 1 to record a new greeting.
- Record your greeting and press hash (#).
- Press 2 to save the changes.
- Press # to skip forward.
- Press 1 to rewind.
- Press 2 to pause/start.
- Press 3 to fast forward
- Press 4 to replay.
- Press 5 for time and date.
- Press 6 to return a call using ICB.
- Press 7 to delete a message.
- Press 9 to save a message.
- Press star (*) to return to main menu.
Set up Voicemail diverts
Codes for diverting to Voicemail:
|**62*(mailbox no.)#||Phone switched off/out of coverage (not reachable)|
|**67*(mailbox no.)#||Phone busy (busy/no connect)|
|**61*(mailbox no.)#||Phone not answered (no reply)|
|**21*(mailbox no.)#||At all times (unconditional)|
Your mailbox number is your mobile phone prefix followed by the number 5, then the rest of your mobile number.
Eg. if your mobile number is 0872254661,then your mailbox number is 08752254661.
Codes for deactivating diverts:
|##62#||Phone switched off/out of coverage (not reachable)|
|##67#||Phone busy (busy/no connect)|
|##61#||Phone not answered (no reply)|
|##21#||At all times (unconditional)|
|##02#||Cancel all diverts|
- Diverts to your own voice mailbox are always free of charge.
- Diverts to any other number cost 15c per divert at all times. The owner of the phone that is diverting the calls is charged the 15c and the person who is making the call is charged the regular amount for the call.
- It is not possible to divert any calls to an international number
- Diverted calls are not included in your inclusive minutes
Change your notification method
- Dial 171.
- Press 5 for mailbox preferences.
- Press 1 message notification.
- Select the desired notification method.
- Press 2 to save selection
Changing your Voicemail password
When you set up your voicemail you will be requested to enter a four digit password. You can change your password at any time by dialling 173 from your mobile and following the prompts.
Tips on pin numbers
- Avoid using 1234
- Avoid anything obvious eg, your date of birth
- Your pin should be easy to remember but difficult for other people to guess
How to extend the ringing time on your phone.
It is easy to alter the ring time on your phone from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Type in **61*(mailbox no.)**(no. of seconds you want it to ring for)#
- Click Send
Frequently asked questions:
- What is remote access?
- Why do I need to have a password to listen to my voicemails by remote access?
- How do I change my password?
- Will this affect my access to my voicemails through my own mobile phone?
- How can I retrieve my password if I have forgotten it?
- Can I change my password?
- I never listen to my voicemail messages from any other phone apart from my mobile. Do I need to change my password?
- Advice for changing your password