Vodafone Stay Mobile Insurance
With Vodafone Stay Mobile Insurance you don’t have to worry about being left without your phone. From just 69c per week you get generous cover for lost, stolen and damaged phones – at home or abroad.
How much does it cost?
|Stay Mobile Essential||Stay Mobile Standard||Stay Mobile Plus||Stay Mobile Extra|
|Theft and loss|
|Malicious and accidental damage|
|Cover for unauthorised calls|
|Claims allowed per year||2||2||2||2|
A €50 excess charge for second claims will apply to Stay Mobile Essential.
A €75 excess charge for second claims will apply to Stay Mobile Standard.
A €125 excess charge for second claims will apply to Stay Mobile Plus and Stay Mobile Extra.
Vodafone Stay Mobile policy summary
Did you know that damaged screens alone can cost up to €250 to repair? With our Stay Mobile insurance policies you get peace of mind knowing that screen repair and phone replacement costs are covered - plus you're not tied into a contract for a specified period. So, in more ways than one it pays to have insurance.
- What’s covered?
- Cover for loss or theft
- Cover for accidental, malicious and moisture damage
- Cover when you’re abroad
- Replacement phone - we aim to deliver a replacement phone within 2 workings days
- Valuable extra from Vodafone
- If you have a successful claim for a lost or stolen phone, your bill for any unauthorised calls (up to a maximum of €1000) will be disregarded by Vodafone
- What isn’t covered?
- Damage arising out of a manufacturing defect
- Theft, loss or damage…
- as a result of an attempted theft from an unattended, unlocked vehicle
- when the registered SIM card is not in the phone
- of equipment left unattended in a public place
- of equipment not reported to Vodafone within 30 days of discovery
- as a result of an attempted theft of malicious damage not reported to the Garda Siochana as soon as reasonably practicable
- where the insured equipment has not been used of the Vodafone network immediately preceding a period of 15 days
- Don’t forget to read the full list of Terms and Condition that apply to each Stay Mobile Insurance policy
Making a claim
- You can submit, check and close claims online at www.staymobile.ie
- If your phone is lost or stolen, tell us straight away by calling 1907 - we'll stop others using it to make calls. Whether at home or abroad, if you discover your phone has been stolen or maliciously damaged, report it to the Garda Siochana (or the relevant authorities abroad) and get a crime number within 48 hours of the incident.
- If your phone is accidently damaged you can call our Claims Management team directly on 1850 92 77 11. If you are calling from abroad you can contact them on 01-9602833.
- If you have any queries on an existing claim you can also call the Claims Management number above.
Other things you should know
- To keep your premium low, we will take action to identify fraudulent claims
- Excess charges will apply to all successful claims
- After 30 days from buying your new handset, Insurance can only be sold via our claims handlers
- If you change your mind, you have 14 days from taking out insurance to cancel your policy without charge, as long as you haven’t made a claim. The period of insurance is one calendar month.
- Apple customers who have installed iOS 7 and enabled the "Find my iPhone" option, need to disable this feature before submitting an insurance claim.
Insure your phone
Within 30 days of getting your new handset you can sign up to Stay Mobile Insurance in a Vodafone retail store or by calling Vodafone Customer Care on 1907. After this 30 day period, just call our Claims Management team directly on 1850 92 77 11.