Life at Vodafone
We Care About People Who Want to Change the World.
Our charity foundation is one of 27 Vodafone Foundations around the world, dedicated to supporting groups across all segments of society seeking to make a real difference in our community.
We make this happen by funding and working with a number of charities. Since 2003 we have provided over €8 million for a wide range of causes.In February 2016, our foundation entered into a major five year partnership with ISPCC Childline that aims to keep children safe by keeping them connected. In addition to this partnership with the ISPCC, we also have charity partnerships with Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, Business in the Community, Centre for Climate Change and Young Social Innovators.
We Offer a World of Opportunities.
We provide our employees with a world of opportunities to help them discover and develop their talents. Empowering them to make better professional contributions, but also enhance their personal growth.
At Vodafone people are always learning. We are able to use our technology to offer a wide range of online learning resources.
Self-Paced Online Learning
- Harvard Manage Mentor – which specialises in Management Development capabilities such as feedback, coaching etc?
- Learning academies. Online learning platforms for developing functional skills and capabilities. We offer academies in 8 different areas of the business.
We provide multiple programmes for our leaders.
- Leadership Essentials- This targets our entire people manager population and involves managers participating in role plays with professional actors resulting in a very real life experience with lots of learning
- Licence to Hire- The objectives of this training are to develop manager's expertise to recruit exceptional Vodafone employees by creating a first class customer experience every time.
- Ignite Programme- Composed of a number of formal training days, on the job action learning through support and challenge groups.
- Ignite Stretch- The purpose of this programme is to provide participants with a stretching, learning experience where they can address their individual leadership.
- Inspire Programme- This programme is aimed at our rising star managers. It is a Vodafone Group initiative which allows high potential individuals globally to interact with each other in a specially designed leadership development framework.
Enjoy Our Workplace of the Future
Our modern offices located in Central Park, Leopardstown is a new digital workplace.
All employees are now able to work more flexibly and with greater speed and simplicity. Employees can collaborate with colleagues anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
At Vodafone our inclusive culture respects, values, celebrates and harnesses the diversity of our people, who are as diverse as our customers.Vodafone Ireland is committed to our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and our ideal that every employee should be able to “bring their whole selves to work” regardless of background, values, gender or any other characteristic that make them different.
LGBT and Friends Network
Established in 2015, they are a passionate cross functional team who are dedicated to celebrating LGBT pride in our business. They work locally in Ireland with GLEN and also with our Vodafone Group LGBT networks. Their mission is to inspire and empower LGBT employees to maximise their potential in Vodafone.
Vodafone Ireland's Women's Network
The mission of Vodafone Ireland Women‘s Network is to inspire and empower women and men to maximise their potential in Vodafone. Through networking opportunities and thought leadership, we will facilitate learning, contacts, and alliances that enhance the careers and development of Vodafone employees. Collectively, we are committed to accelerating the pace of change by raising awareness on gender equality for all.
Our Technology that Makes a Difference
In July 2016 we launched our first gigabit town, Skibbereen, with Siro, our joint venture with the ESB.
Anne O'Leary our CEO, along with Mary Mitchell O Connor the Minister for Jobs and Enterprise, Sean Atkinson CEO of Siro and Gerry O' Sullivan the deputy CEO of ESB opened the ludgate which has provided hot-desking for 75 start ups and entrepreneurs to build an ecosystem of innovation and creativity in this rural Irish town.
Our Sports and Social Events
Our employee-run and managed Sports and Social club has over 200 members and 15 clubs catering for all interests.
With groups such as bowling, karting and kayaking as well as art and social clubs our company strongly encourages fun and camaraderie amongst our employees. In addition, every year a strong contingent from Vodafone Ireland attend the Corporate Games with many notable achievements across all disciplines.
Our Award Winning Company
We are very proud to be recognised as a Great Place to Work. We now rank 4th overall in the Best Large Workplaces category in Ireland 2017 chosen by the Great Place to Work Institute.
This would be not be possible without the help of everyone at Vodafone Ireland who make this such a special place to work.
The Vodafone Way
Not only as a business, but as a collective group of people, we're truly diverse. We come from different backgrounds, experience levels and cultures yet we all seem to be able to add real value to Vodafone and each other whilst remaining true to ourselves. From speaking to, and most importantly listening to our people we've consistently found certain things which sum up what we're all about.At Vodafone we are:
- Customer Obsessed– we always strive to exceed our customer's expectations.
- Innovation Hungry– we're constantly seeking to create and deliver new products, services and ways of working to delight our customers.
- Ambitious & Competitive – we bring energy and passion to our work and always aim to beat the competition.
- One Company, With Local Roots– we strive to benefit from Vodafone's extensive Global experience in order to get the best for Irish customers and employees.
- Speed – we relentlessly prioritise and pursue the outcomes that matter to our business with speed.
- Simplicity – we strive to make things simpler for our customers, partners and colleagues.
- Trust – We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise.
Hear what current Vodafone staff have to say about working in Vodafone
- Call us on: 1800 225 588