Support for email on your phone
We provide support for setting up email on your phone, regardless of phone or size of your business.
Getting started: pick your phone type
Setting up email on BlackBerry
You can set up a maximum of 10 email addresses on your BlackBerry. To set up your email
On your BlackBerry phone:
5 quick steps to set up your email solution on your BlackBerry
- Create an email address by selecting the ‘Email settings’ icon which is in the setup folder or the homescreen.
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Select ‘add’ to add an email address
- Select your email service provider (eg Yahoo) that you want to add to your phone (if it’s not listed, select ‘other’ and input your address, then select ‘next’).
- Type the email address and password for the account and select ‘next’ - a confirmation screen will appear.
Click the above icons to access the demos.
For more comprehensive installation (for IT managers):
On your computer:
5 quick steps to integrate your existing email account with your BlackBerry
- Sign in to BlackBerry Internet Email on your computer and select ‘add account.’
- Select ‘get link,’ which will show a form requesting your email address, user name and password.
- Enter all your information, select ‘submit’ and then ‘get link.’
- Depending on the type of email account you have, you might be asked to complete the following fields:
- For POP3/IMAP: It may ask for your mail server address (eg mail.ispname.com) and your Port Number. (you can get this information from your service provider if you don’t have it).
- For Microsoft Outlook Web or Microsoft Exchange: It may ask you to type the URL where you access your Outlook Web account. It will then ask for your Outlook mailbox name. (if the system asks you to install an 'email connector' application, select ‘cancel.’)
- For Lotus Domino: It may ask for the URL where you access your Lotus Notes web account (if the system asks you to install an 'email connector' application, select ‘cancel.’)
- Select submit - and your account is all set up.
If you forgot your password, go to www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie, enter your user ID and choose 'forgotten your password.' Once you've answered the secret password, you'll get a new password sent to your BlackBerry.
How much does it cost to use?
All BlackBerry bundles come with a generous 1GB allowance of data in your monthly tariff. BlackBerry data is compressed by 70% and this will be an ample amount of data to cover email, internet usage and applications on your BlackBerry device.
All downloaded applications (Facebook and Twitter for BlackBerry) use the BlackBerry APN and the usage is included in this monthly tariff.
What if I go out of town? How much does it cost to roam?
Yes, you can roam with your BlackBerry anywhere Vodafone has a data roaming agreement. You can choose to pay per MB or purchase a monthly BlackBerry roaming bundle. And because BlackBerry data is compressed by 70%, it’s a more economical method of data roaming.
To switch off data roaming,
- Choose options from the applications list
- Select networks and connections
- Select mobile network
- Select the ON option from the data service menu
- Change to OFF when roaming
Tips & Tricks
To add a signature to your emails sent from your BlackBerry, select the 'Set Up' folder from the home screen. You select the email address that you want the signature added to, then you type whatever you'd like into the signature field and save.
To create distribution groups on your BlackBerry,
- Select the Contacts icon on your BlackBerry device
- Click the BlackBerry icon and select New Group
- Type in a name for your group
- Click the trackball and select Add Member
- Select a contact, click the trackball and select Continue
- Repeat this process until you have added all group members
- Click the trackball and select Save Group