Find out how we're making a difference
Even though we are a results driven company, our goal is not to achieve an advantage over our competitors through the marketing and promotion of our green achievements.
Instead we’d rather share our expertise and information on climate change and sustainability to the rest of the Irish business community.
So far, through our comprehensive communications programme, we've spread the Green Agenda message to 54% of Irish adults - about two million people - through a number of initiatives, some of which we have outlined below.
- Irish Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change - as co-founder of this group, we met with Brian Cowen to present the group’s Communiqué on climate change and continue to participate as an active member in other group initiatives
- Increasing corporate engagement on sustainability - we've reached more than 250 businesses by hosting knowledge-sharing events through Dublin Chambers and Chambers Ireland and have spoken at a range of events and seminars
- Sponsoring green events and services - including the first Carbon Disclosure Project in Ireland, the Green Awards and the Green Economy Expo
Recognition & Awards
We're grateful to have been given a number of awards in recognition of our achievements so far, including:
- 2010 Outstanding Achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility award at Chambers Ireland CSR Awards
- 2010 Eco Business Award at Chambers Ireland CSR Awards
- 2009 Envirocom Award
And we've also been shortlisted for a number of awards too, including:
- Envirocom Award (2010)
- AIM All Ireland Marketing Awards CSR Award (2010)
- PR Awards for Excellence Corporate Communication – Corporate Responsibility (2010)
On 16th September 2010, Vodafone Ireland won the Outstanding Achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award at the Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Awards. Find out more>